It was an informative session on the Application of Intellectual Property Rights in the Creative Industry
Nigerian Creative Conference – MONETIZING CREATIVITY IN THE 21ST CENTURY
This was the maiden edition of an annual event which focuses on creativity. The Nigerian Creative Conference seeks to provide an avenue for members of the creative industry to explore the emergent field of intellectual property. It is a platform for musicians, actors and actresses, film makers, fashion designers, sportsmen and women, photographers, entrepreneurs and other like minded individuals, to acquire information and obtain viable tools for the enhancement of productivity in the creative field.
The event held on November 29, 2019 at the LPI Innovation Hub, University of Ibadan. It was graced by world class intellectual property lawyers, entertainment lawyers and nigerian creatives who know their onions.
By shining light on the application of intellectual property rights in the creative industry, this year’s edition of the NCC was aimed at;
- Encouraging creativity in today’s youths
- Providing sensitization on viable solutions to infringement and similar intellectual property issues
- Promoting innovation and creativity through social media
- Emphasising the role of intellectual property in creating sustainable value in the creative industry.
Highlights of the Event included:
- Panel discussions from seasoned experts in the legal and creative field
- Keynote sessions
- Networking opportunities and Interactions with invited guests
- Question and Answer sessions
Invited IP clubs from other universities also gave their presentation. All in all, the event was a huge success.
Kindly give us feedback and areas you want us to improve on for subsequent editions.